The Gauteng Growth & Development Agency (GGDA) came into existence on the 01st June 2012, as part of the reconfiguration of Gauteng provincial agencies. The Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA) and Blue IQ Investment Holdings have merged to form the Gauteng Growth & Development Agency. The GGDA’s key purpose is to maximise the effect of developing the economy of Gauteng, through support growth of the cooperatives economy, facilitation of trade and investment and increased strategic economic infrastructure.
Our subsidiary companies include the Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC), The Innovation Hub (TIH), Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) and the Constitution Hill Development Company (ConHill).
The GGDA Services include:
- Project Appraisal: Working with our development finance (DFI) partners to assess a case for proceeding with a project or proposal
- Site Identification and Evaluation: Undertaking the co-ordination, pre-planning and evaluation of sites for our clients and post-investment site visits
- Sector Economic Data Provision: Providing and disseminating market intelligence on sectoral and regional economic data
- Business Permits (with the DTI): Assisting with company registrations and work permits
- Incentives: Facilitating access to national and local government incentives
- Facilitating local & foreign business retention, expansion and after-care services
- Inward and Outward Investment Promotion Missions: Hosting and coordinating inbound foreign and local business delegations and undertaking outbound missions to promote Gauteng as a premier investment destination