2ND ANNUAL GAUTENG INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT
CONFERENCE • 27 – 28 JULY 2017
The Gauteng Provincial Government (GPG) laid the foundation for staging the first Gauteng Infrastructure Investment Conference (GIIC). The conference took place after engagements between the Premier and stakeholders in the private sector, the aim was to attract private sector investment into the Gauteng City Region and to profile key infrastructure projects in the province.
The GIIC provided a platform for the GPG to engage with private sector to pursue the Transformation, Reindustrialisation and Modernisation (TMR) strategy. More than 1700 delegates attended the conference.
The biennial Gauteng Infrastructure Investment Conference is aimed at realising our goal of industrialising the GCR; to attract investors into the Gauteng economy whilst at the same time address the current economic climate. The conference will therefore provide detailed progress on the transformative partnerships created over the three years as part of realising our vision of transforming, modernising and reindustrialising the GCR.
- Create a platform for engagement
- Profile upcoming infrastructure projects and identify opportunities
- Provide progress on the outcomes from the 2015 GIIC
- Showcase Gauteng as an investment destination
The 2017 GIIC will respond to the following critical questions :
- What are the alternative funding mechanisms that could be used for Gauteng’s infrastructure development?
- What are the plans for spatial transformation and building inclusive cities?
- How do we continue building confidence in the investor community?
- What are our plans in regards to Africa’s industrialisation and re-industrialisation?
- What industries have opportunities for infrastructure development?
- How have other similar economies sustained their infrastructure investment during an economic downturn?
- How do we respond to the imperatives of the knowledge economy?
For more information or Exhibition / Sponsorship opportunities, please email: