Who We Are
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development, tasked with assisting the department in leading, facilitating and managing sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region. Through some of its subsidiaries, the GGDA has created partnerships and ecosystems that promote economic development and the competitiveness of Gauteng.
To be the implementation arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development and to assist the department to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region.
To be the premier catalyst of innovative and sustainable growth and socio-economic development within the southern African region.
To create an enabling environment for growth targeted investment facilitation, strategic infrastructure development and social transformation, thus positioning Gauteng as a leading Global City Region.
Through our subsidiaries the Automotive Industry Development Center (AIDC), The Innovation Hub (TIH), OR Tambo SEZ, Vaal SEZ and Constitutional Hill the GGDA has created partnerships and ecosystems that promote economic development and the competitiveness of Gauteng.
The objectives of the GGDA in terms of Section 3 of the amended Blue IQ Act No.5 of 2013 are to:
- Enable economic development focused on sustainable jobs
- Drive growth in the provincial economy, domestic products and employment rates
- Strategically position the province into a globally competitive city region
- Facilitate partnerships and create linkages across the province in order to maximize service delivery outcomes
- Support the development of key economic sectors in line with the province’s established economic and industrial policies.