FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D5, SALARY UP TO
R1 171 828 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development. The GGDA has the mandate to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
THE SUCCESSFUL INCUMBENT WILL BE REPORTING TO THE GROUP EXECUTIVE: ENTERPRISE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE (EPMO) AND WILL BE EXPECTED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Financial leadership through the following means:
o Ensuring availability of project implementation funds
o Sourcing of alternative funding
o Monitor and control project management expenditure
o Ensure the closure of each project financially
- Manage stakeholders by:
o Fostering effective communications and ensuring that appropriate relationships are maintained with the relevant stakeholders and agencies, and monitor potential risks and maximize project success;
o Managing and overseeing the required interaction between the GGDA and the public;
o Managing third-party contributions to the programmes and projects.
o Managing the dependencies and interfaces between programmes and projects
o Ensure harmonious relations with all key stakeholders.
- Have design Capacity
- Perform good corporate governance & compliance functions through:
o Ensure compliance with Programme Governance Framework requirements.
o Establish effective control and coordination mechanisms for the Project, and take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of the internal control and management information systems;
o Ensure that all operations and activities of the Project are conducted in accordance with the PFMA, relevant regulations, the GGDA’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, sound business practices, and the other policies and practices approved by the Board;
o Foster a high-performance corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity, accountability, and social responsibility;
- Sets and maintains production targets and operates within prescribed budgets
- Coordinate and control the activities of site staff and agree on quality standards set out in the contract.
- Liaises with clients’ staff and agree on quantities, programme, etc.
- Submit monthly progress and financial certificates and cost estimates.
- Set and maintain work sequences and construction programmes.
- Control and administer several construction projects or major/complex projects from commencement to completion and handover to client.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Built environment with a preference for Architecture
- Professional registration with the relevant Built Environment Bodies
- Professionally registered Project Manager e.g PMP, Prince 2, SACPMP etc/
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management Environment
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Full Understanding of Engineering Contracts and Contracts Administration
- Ability to make high-level business presentations and decisions.
- Knowledge of strategic projects development and implementation
- Knowledge of PFMA
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CURRICULUM VITAE, CERTIFIED COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS, AND CERTIFIED COPIES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTATION.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged
- individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three
months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 03 March 2023 at 12:00HRS Mid-day.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com