The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development. The GGDA has the mandate to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery outcomes.
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the GGDA Group Board of Directors, he/she will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- To lead, in conjunction with the Group Board, the development of the Company’s strategy.
- To lead and oversee the implementation of the Company’s long and short-term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- Develop annual capital commitment and expenditure budgets for approval by the Group Board.
- Review and report regularly to the Group Board concerning GGDA’s progress towards its goals and all material deviations from the goals, strategies, and objectives approved by the Board;
- Identify principal risks of the Group and implement appropriate systems to manage these risks;
- Management of GGDA Group Strategic Economic Infrastructure projects that contribute towards diversifying the key industries that drive the Gauteng Province’s economy in accordance to the national and provincial strategies and policies.
- Develop organisational and project financial requirements and raise necessary finance focused on attracting/enticing private sector investors and partners.
- Develop Trade and Investment Strategy and Implementation plan to attract and retain trade and investment in Gauteng Province.
- Engage and network with strategic partners including major international, national, and local industries / sectors relevant to the scope of the GGDA Group.
- Provide leadership to the subsidiary companies of the GGDA.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the PFMA Act, Treasury Regulations, and any relevant legislation.
- Foster a high-performance corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity, accountability, and social responsibility.
- To ensure compliance to all Codes of Good Governance, Corporate Governance such as Companies Act, King IV and international best practices.
Applicants should have the following minimum requirements:
- Postgraduate in Business Administration, MBA/MBL is an added advantage.
- 10 years’ experience in Executive Management position
- Understanding of Project Management from inception to implementation phase
- 10 years’ experience in managing multiple sector stakeholders at senior management level in both private/public sector environment.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women, and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 02 May 2023 at 12:00HRS and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org