The Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ) Development Company was formed to develop and operate the ORTIA IDZ. The purpose of the ORTIA IDZ is to provide an efficient import and export duty-free zone for high value added, light manufactured goods that are exported via air freight. The subsidiary’s vision is to contribute towards the transformation, development and growth of post-minerals extraction processing and beneficiation industry sectors. Through this IDZ Development Programme, the GGDA subsidiary aims to provide a destination for strategic investments from and within export manufacturing industries.
THE SUCCESSFUL INCUMBENT WILL BE REPORTING TO THE SUPERVISOR: CONTROL ROOM (GIDZ) AND HIS/HER PRIMARY PURPOSE WILL BE:
To receive, coordinate and oversee all security control room operations, including the analysis and monitoring of outsourced functions, this includes observing network activities and alerting security teams to any suspicious activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and monitor all surveillance systems within the central Security Control Room in an efficient manner and in compliance with standard operating procedures, legislation, and best practice.
- Adhere to established protocols, company policies, and standard operating procedures to maintain high levels of security, confidentiality, and compliance.
- Monitor CCTV live feed and report any unusual activity to the Supervisor, the contracted security company, and Security Management.
- Ensure deep understanding of differing levels of escalation within law enforcement agencies in the event of a security breach (i.e., SAPS, Fire Department, Water and Sanitation Department, Emergency Medical Services).
- Making sure that all equipment is working properly by running tests and diagnosing problems.
- Monitoring alarms to ensure that equipment is functioning properly.
- Recording data on computer systems or writing down information on paper charts
- Controlling all plant operations and monitoring plant performance during emergencies to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Maintaining records of daily operations, including maintenance schedules and equipment performance
- Responding to alarms by contacting operators at other facilities or initiating emergency response procedures
- Documenting events in a logbook or computerized system to track equipment status and record system performance.
- Respond to emergencies by operating equipment such as alarm systems, generators, pumps, and sprinkler systems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 or higher qualification
- Grade "C" (preferably “B”) Psira registered
- Diploma/Degree in IT/Cybersecurity
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a high demand control room/monitoring environment
- Experience in intruder alarm, CCTV, access control and fire alarm systems.
- Technical knowledge of a large digital CCTV system and a proven track record of working in a large and busy control room environment
- An understanding of ethernet networking and IP addressing
- Understanding of operating systems like Windows and Linux
- Computers Literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge and understanding of the “OSI” model
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CURRICULUM VITAE, CERTIFIED COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS, AND CERTIFIED COPIES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTATION.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 06 August 2023
- Applications should be submitted online: https://bit.ly/GGDAGroupRecruitment Enquiries should be addressed to email@example.com
“The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) came into effect on 1 July 2021. The GGDA respects your privacy and is committed to keeping your personal information secure and confidential. The Group will ensure that in Processing an Applicant’s or Employee’s Personal Information, it will adhere to its obligations in terms of POPIA. By virtue of you applying for this position, you give The Group the consent to keep and or process your information as pe POPIA”
Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ) Development Company reserves the right to make an appointment.