CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: GROUP DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
(5 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE E1 SALARY TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Manage finance operations and to ensure development and appropriate implementation of financial reporting systems.
- Provide support to the Group CFO in facilitating consolidation of annual financial statements, financial performance reporting, budget planning, and financial oversight over subsidiaries and ensure that all requirements for internal and external audit are met.
- Provide support to the CFO in the following areas:
- Group performance reporting
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting as per financial calendar
- Input to the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and control documents, budgets, salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry;
- Preparation for the audit process;
- Resolution of audit queries and Monitor payroll
- Assist GCFO in financial oversight over subsidiaries
- Support the development of annual capital commitment and expenditure budgets for the Finance and Supply Chain unit to successfully execute strategic plans;
- Monitor and manage annual budget and report major financial commitments, exposures, and risks to the GCFO in a regular and timely basis;
- Support the management of the overall budgets, monitoring the expenditures and costs against benefits that are realised as the programme progresses
- Assist in the development of standardised Finance processes, standards and systems across GGDA Group;
- Establish effective control and coordination mechanisms for all operations and activities of the division and take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of the internal control and management information systems;
- Ensure that all operations and activities of the unit are conducted in accordance with the PFMA, relevant regulations, the GGDA’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, sound business practices, and the other policies and practices approved by the Board;
- Foster a high performance corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity, accountability, and social responsibility;
As minimum applicants should have the following requirements:
- B Com accounting degree, Chartered Accountant or Post graduate qualification in Finance/Business
- 10 years in Accounting and/or Finance
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Knowledge of Auditor General requirements and Auditing and Accounting Practices
- Knowledge of the State Procurement Policies and Practices
- Ability to recognize trends or associations between data. Ability to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with service/process/ procedure or products.
- Technical Expertise: Proactively seeks to improve processes/ systems/ procedures/ functions and guide others to achieve organisational goals
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at close of business.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com