The Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ) Development Company was formed to develop and operate the ORTIA IDZ. The purpose of the ORTIA IDZ is to provide an efficient import and export duty-free zone for high value added, light manufactured goods that are exported via air freight. The subsidiary’s vision is to contribute towards the transformation, development and growth of post-minerals extraction processing and beneficiation industry sectors. Through this IDZ Development Programme, the GGDA subsidiary aims to provide a destination for strategic investments from and within export manufacturing industries.
THE SUCCESSFUL INCUMBENT WILL BE REPORTING TO THE MANAGER IN THE OFFICE OF THE CEO (GIDZ) AND HIS/HER PRIMARY PURPOSE WILL BE:
To ensure the efficient and effective coordination of hospitality activities and special events hosted by GIDZ at GIDZ Offices.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide professional Hospitality services to GIDZ/GGDA executives, staff in general as well as its’ stakeholders timeously and in accordance with GIDZ/GGDA requirements
- To assist with the co-ordination and set-up of external caterers and monitoring of their services in accordance with customer expectations
- To provide general front and back-office support to Office and Facilities Management as and when required
- Notify emergency services when external response is required; coordinate with security Management to ensure services have immediate access to the precinct.
- Perform regular stock taking of groceries, cutlery, and crockery Monitor venue bookings for meetings to ensure that meeting rooms are set-up on time.
- Set-up and preparation of meeting rooms as well as boardrooms before commencement of meetings
- Replenishing of groceries and monitoring of stock levels
- Ensure an environmentally health and safe work environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Post-Matric qualification in hospitality services or event management will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in hospitality services
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CURRICULUM VITAE, CERTIFIED COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS, AND CERTIFIED COPIES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTATION.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 29 September 2023 at 12:00HRS Mid-day
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com