- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: MANAGER: INTERNATIONAL PROTOCOL/RELATIONS
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE D2, SALARY R884 739 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Group Executive: Trade, Investment and Regulatory Enablement (TIRE) and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- To provide Protocol Services in areas of ceremonial, consular and hospitality Services and maintain International Relations interface.
- To manage and coordinate activities relating to International Relations and Protocol.
- Liaise with intergovernmental departments, municipalities, sister agencies, embassies and international organisations to enable compliance with GGDA’s international protocol requirements.
- Manage logistics at GIBL Sandton.
- To Identify, manage and coordinate activities related to building International and local networks with relevant stakeholders, forums etc.
- To develop and maintain linkages between the Diplomatic Community, relations with the Development Partners; to maintain bi-lateral and multi-lateral links.
- Manage and maintain relations of Intergovernmental nature and coordinate activities with government, other agencies, Embassies etc.
- Collaborate and liaise with other departments to ensure alignment of GEDA work on special projects (Investment, trade, job creation).
- To establish a symbiotic relationship with IPA’s and establish Inter-provincial Forum
- Manage and coordinate Protocol activities for GGDA, visa’s, passports and related processes
- To ensure appropriate conduct of ceremonies and public functions; Protocol services and ceremonial, consular and hospitality Services.
- To ensure that all protocol agreements and Obligations are carried out in accordance with prevailing Rules or Agreements. Twinning/Bilateral Agreements.
- Identify and Elementary Research on matters relating to activities within scope of work.
- Project Management: Coordinate and implement High level special projects e.g. outgoing ministerial Investment and trade missions
- Accompany CEO and other members of the executive to meetings and high level overseas missions providing secretarial & logistical event management services e.g. reports/minutes
- Manage Business lounges in Sandton personnel & other resources.
- Manage Logistics around Incoming and Outgoing Missions ensure adherence to Protocol & International Relations
- Welcome incoming delegation, coordinate activities, site visits to Industrial Parks etc
- Establish Data base of High level International Contacts, and maintain relations
- Ensure adherence to Efficient Office systems and procedures and budget
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Must have relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ relevant experience of which 3 years should be in middle managerial capacity.
- Competent, highly motivated, presentable and dynamic
- In-depth knowledge of International and South African protocol
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Able to work flexible hours in line with business requirements
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at 12:00HRS Mid-day
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com