CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RECEPTIONIST: INVEST SA
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, SALARY R142 435 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Manager: Invest SA and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- To provide secretarial, clerical, and administrative support to Invest SA/GGDA staff and executives with respect to meeting room booking administration, visitor management and switchboard services.
- Provide efficient switchboard operations and office support services to all staff which is on time, professional and in accordance to overall customer expectation
- Provide first point of contact for the ASP by receiving, directing and attending to visitors and staff members’ enquiries made by phone or in person and providing a complete switchboard function
- Ensure that the reception area is tidy at all times
- Ensure that deliveries are effectively directed to the correct department
- Ensure effective visitor management in accordance with building rules and safety regulations
- Update and provide quarterly contact lists across the group and/ or its relevant stakeholders
- Answer the telephone with appropriate telephone technique, route/direct calls to the appropriate extensions and/or individuals
- Take messages for individuals who are out of the office and ensure they receive same timeously
- Assist with the safe accessibility of visitors to the building and/or specific offices/meeting rooms
- Direct stakeholders and the general public to the correct meeting rooms
- Arrange parking for visitors as and when requested by stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between executives and internal/external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to senior manager, managing the calendar, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports, presentations, and documents on behalf of senior manager.
- Act as a liaison between different departments, fostering effective communication and collaboration.
- Support, coordination and submission of department and sub-committee documents.
- Provide administrative support to the department in order to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency
As minimum applicants should have the following requirements:
- Matric Certificate and/or secretarial Certificate
- A minimum of 1-year front desk and switchboard experience
- Computer literacy
- MS Office
- Telephony management and etiquette
- Coordination skills
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Good verbal communication skills
- High standard of ethics and integrity required
- Service delivery excellence
- Good customer relations management
- Adept at prioritizing, scheduling, and multitasking
- Ability to handle office equipment (e.g., the telephone system, printer, and fax machine)
- Attention to detail
- Positive team player with good organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to ensure exceptional visitor service for both the public and internal guests
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public, exercise tact and diplomacy always.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at close of business.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com