CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RISK AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE D2, SALARY R800 000 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Manager: Risk and Compliance and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- To assist in providing reliable, value added and independent assurance to GGDA over the effectiveness of controls mitigating current and evolving high risks and in so doing enhance the controls culture within the GGDA.
- To facilitate, monitor and ensure that the organisation is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international legislation and regulations, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards to deliver good organisational outcomes
- Provide input into the design and implementation an overall risk management strategy process for the GGDA.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of Compliance strategy program for the GGDA.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the GGDA ‘s Risk program.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the GGDA ‘s Compliance program.
- Ensure compliance to the PFMA and all Treasury Regulations including BBBEE, PPPFA.
- Facilitate resource availability through effective procurement processes.
- Develop, monitor and assess governance, risk and compliance control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legislative or regulatory compliance.
- Draft internal risk reports and communicate results to relevant risk owners.
- Develop and maintain client relationships at the appropriate level
- Provide guidance and support to the governing body, senior management, and employees on risk and compliance related issues.
- Manage strategic relationships in accordance with relevant policies, procedures.
- Internal Processes
- Provide input into quarterly risk and compliance reporting.
- Organise appropriate risk reporting, internally and externally
- Develop and implement risk management policies and procedures for GGDA
- Collaborate with GGDA subsidiaries, business units and departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Develop and implement risk management policies and procedures for the Group
- Provide reliable, value added and independent assurance to Group over the effectiveness of controls mitigating current and evolving high risks and in so doing enhance the controls culture within the Group.
- Facilitates governance and compliance development programmes for GGDA staff, and where appropriate, affiliates and inspectors
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in either law, risk management, finance, audit, or accounting background
- Honours degree in either law, risk management, finance, audit, or accounting background
- 5 years’ experience in Risk and Compliance Management, at least 2 years at middle management.
- Experience in audits, compliance and investigations are requirements
- Able to work flexible hours in line with business requirements
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at close of business.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org