CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE D3, SALARY R 785 097 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Internal Audit and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Assess significant activities of the GGDA, in terms of the adequacy of internal controls relative to the risk profile so as to ensure that emerging risks and control deficiencies are identified and addressed effectively, efficiently and timely
- Analyse operational and management processes and system controls effectiveness and efficiency in order to improve them and propose value-added recommendations
- Perform reviews of significant activities of the GGDA and ascertain the level of risk, and appropriately set the audit priority for such activities
- Evaluate new or changing services, processes and operations
- Act as an integral relationship person with the Auditor-General
- Develop links and reliance of external audit on the internal audit function
- Maintain continuous surveillance to keep abreast with changes to business strategies affecting the risk profile
- Contribute to keeping the Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit
- Conduct internal audit of significant activities of line departments to ensure compliance, and to mitigate risks
- Prepare draft Internal audit reports for review by the supervisor
- Contribute to preparation of the annual internal auditing plan in line with IIA standards for approval by the Audit Committee
- Promote a high level of control awareness throughout the GGDA and assist in the deterrence of fraud by evaluating the adequacy of internal controls in mitigating fraud risks
- Follow-up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and monitor the rectification actions taken by the line departments in addressing audit issues
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Diploma in Internal Audit and or BCom Honours in Accounting or Finance and Certified Internal Auditor an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of the standards for the professional practice of internal audit; PFMA & Treasury Regulations.
- Knowledge of and skills of applying internal audit principles and practices, management principles, financial systems and Risk Management
- Communication: Structures complex documents in a logical, clear and concise way shows alternative viewpoints. Accurately reviews & edits documents created by others.
- Collaboration: Participates in creating mutual goals and plans; encouraging trust among others. Listens to ideas from others and ability to tap into other people’s skills, knowledge, creativity, and experience. Offers own and accepts others’ expertise to resolve problems
- Customer Focus: Develops monitoring systems/and KPIs to measure all aspects of performance.
- Influence: Persuades departmental heads to follow a coordinated approach to management with changing resource allocation over time.
- Impact: Makes an immediate positive impression on others, establishing authority with rapport and credibility
- Integrity: High ethical standards personally and professionally. Reliability and trustworthy, showing integrity and fairness in dealing with others. Respects ethical and moral obligations.
- Initiative: Actively seeks solutions to problems before being asked or directed. Acts where appropriate without asking others.
- Resilience: Bounces back quickly after a setback – reviews actions/statements. Plans and initiates new way forward.
- Tenacity: Continues to strive for a goal as long as it is realistically attainable, despite adversity/setbacks.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at close of business.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com