CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR MANAGER - INTERNAL AUDIT
(5 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE D5, SALARY R1 392 943 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the GGDA Group Audit and Risk Committee and Group Chief Executive Officer, he/she will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and executing various compliance and operational audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter in order to facilitate achievement of GGDA business objectives.
- Evaluating new or changing services, processes and operations,
- Assist in the investigation of significant suspected incidents of fraudulent activities within the organization and notify management and the Audit Committee of the findings,
- Developing links and reliance of external audit on the internal audit function,
- Acting as a key relationship officer in respect of Auditor General,
- Report to the Audit Committee on internal audit activities,
- Develop Annual Internal Audit Plans for the Group of Companies, for approval by the Audit Committee.
- Develop a three (3) year audit plan and strategy in line with IIA standards for approval by the Audit Committee,
- Develop and maintain an Integrated Combined Assurance Mode (CAM),
- Support Management and the Supply Chain team on probity audits on an ad-hoc basis,
- Conducting internal audit of significant activities of line departments to ensure compliance,
- Planning and execute audits which complements the work of the external auditor, Executing detailed audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues,
- Promoting a high level of control awareness throughout the GGDA and assist in the deterrence of fraud by evaluating the adequacy of internal controls in mitigating fraud risks,
- Following up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and monitor the rectification actions taken by the line departments in addressing audit issues.
As a minimum an applicant should have the following requirements:
- Post graduate qualifications in Internal Audit or Auditing
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Chartered Accountant (CASA) Qualification is an added
- 12+ years auditing experience in private or public sector of which 5 years must be at Senior Managerial level
Level of competencies required:
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations
- Knowledge of the standards for the professional practice of internal audit
- Knowledge of and skills of applying internal audit principles and practices and management principles
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Develops written and verbal communication aimed at various audiences and communicates using language and style to capture the attention of the audience. Communicates well at senior levels and handles one-on-one discussions as well potentially hostile individuals in a group
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to actively promote collaborative work between
- Good people management skills, ability to delegate assignments to appropriate people based on their skills, roles, and interests, includes assigning an individual to represent him/her at meetings,
- Lateral thinker, strong communication skills (written and verbal), Decisive, resilient, persuasive and influential
- Establishing good service and business relationships with customers on a personal basis and train/encourage staff to support this
- Influences the leadership style in the organisation and influences the organisation climate to become achievement oriented
- Make an immediate positive impression on others, establishing authority and rapport and credibility
- Ability Generates ideas for projects. Collects information that may be useful for reports/meetings.
- Excellent audit execution skills, high attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- High ethical standards personally and professionally. Reliable and trustworthy, showing integrity and fairness in dealing with others. Respect ethical and moral obligations.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ensures contingency planning takes place throughout the organisation and brings a multi-disciplinary approach to forward planning
- Ability to interact at all levels, particularly at senior management level, continue to strive for a goal as long as it is realistically attainable, despite adversity/setbacks.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged
individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three
months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at close of business.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com