CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR MANAGER INVEST SA
(5 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE D4, SALARY R1 109 690 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically position the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Group Executive: Trade, Investment and Regulatory Enablement (TIRE) and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Develop operational processes for the one stop shop interface between GGDA clients and business regulatory departments
- Develop and conclude MoUs and manage SLA’s with InvestSA One Stop Shop partner Departments, regulatory bodies, National entities, municipalities and private sector organisations
- Implement automation of processes/procedures for GIC interface with partners and clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with other economic development agencies in Gauteng and other similar agencies.
- Establish and maintain relations with business advisory firms and consultancies based locally and abroad.
- Establish and maintain relations with foreign embassies and trade organizations based in Gauteng and/or South Africa.
- Monitor the budget on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are aligned to the budgetary guidelines.
- Formulate stakeholder plans and strategies to optimize the effectiveness of engagement and management.
- Organize and coordinate quarterly engagement sessions with all investSA Gauteng stakeholders.
- Manage critical relationships with investSA national (the dtic).
- Develop and oversee a stakeholder relationship framework.
- Foster relationships with key national, provincial, and local government partners to support business facilitation and regulatory enablement.
- Develop standardized processes and interface with partners.
- Develop and maintain interface protocols with partners.
- Manage and monitor implementation of SLAs with Partners
- Develop escalation mechanisms with partners and report monthly progress.
- To establish processes and systems for efficient operations of the Invest SA centre, engage, and host business delegations and investors visiting the Centre amongst other activities.
- Develop operational processes for one stop shop interface between GGDA clients and business regulatory departments
- Develop and implement working guidelines and policies for InvestSA and other operational requirements.
- Implement automation of processes/procedures for InvestSA interface with partners and clients
- Implement and maintain digital client interface system and ensure responses to clients within set frames
- Develop and maintain working protocols with relevant national government departments
- Establish relations with business advisory firms and consultancies based locally and abroad
- Provide technical assistance and support to TIRE facilitation units to engage with InvestSA partners and regulators
- Ensure proper functioning of InvestSA and ensure optimal presence of partner departments
As minimum applicants, should have the following requirements:
- Postgraduate Degree or NQF Level 7 qualification in Commerce, Public Admin, Marketing or related field
- 5 years of experience with multinational investment government, experience in guiding direct foreign/local investment/Economic Development/IT and/or Process design
- Sound knowledge of the business environment, the relevant role players within the business and their key responsibilities and outcomes
- Understanding of the Foreign & Local Economic development industry
- The ability to interact with people at all levels in the organisation
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels in the organisation
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at 12:00HRS Mid-day
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com