CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SENIOR MANAGER: INVESTMENT DEVELOPMENT
(5 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, PATERSON GRADE D5, SALARY 1 502 725 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT PER ANNUM
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Department of Economic Development created in terms of the Blue IQ Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd Amended Act (2012) merging Blue IQ Investment Holdings and the Gauteng Economic Development Agency (GEDA.)
The GGDA is a group of companies made up of a Holding company and four subsidiaries i.e.
- Automotive Supply Park t/a Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC)
- The Innovation Hub Management Company (TIHMC)
- Constitution Hill (ConHill)
- Gauteng Industrial Development Zone (GIDZ)
The mandate thereof, is to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
- Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs by facilitating delivery of key national and provincial programmes of
- Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city
- Facilitating partnerships and creating linkages across the province to maximise service delivery
- Supporting the development of Key Sectors of the economy in line with the economic development and industrial strategies of the province by carrying out:
- Business enablement
- Establishment of capital projects
- Land development
- Trade and investment promotion
The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Group Executive: Trade, Investment and Regulatory Enablement and will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Conceptualize a proactive lead generation strategy and oversee its implementation
- Develop a strategy for investor targeting and source-markets
- Package existing and projected business opportunities to promote
- Develop and implement leads evaluation and control processes and contribute to the facilitation of targeted investment
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with local and international investors, government agencies, financial institutions, and other relevant stakeholders to support the investment promotion activities
- Curate investment promotion activities and represent GGDA at industry events and forums.
- Develop cooperation agreements with service organisations to facilitate interaction with potential investments
- Ensure the effective, efficient, economical, and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Establish effective mechanisms for identifying potential investors and promotion of GGDA,
- Identify and develop business and investment opportunities nationally and internationally,
- Promote the GGDA locally, nationally and internationally,
- Establish effective control and coordination mechanisms for all operations and activities of the business unit, and take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of the internal control and management information systems;
- Identify strategic stakeholders to foster effective communication and ensure appropriate relationships are maintained.
- Develop appropriate communication strategies, manage and oversee the required interaction between the GGDA and the public;
- Develop programme with Chambers of Commerce and organised business formations.
- Build relationships with key national and local government partners, in order to improve investment climate and ease the cost of doing business in the Province.
- Develop sector strategies aligned to the GGDA mandate
- Contribute to achieving the companies targets in terms of investment and job creation
- Identify companies seeking new investment locations internationally and market the region to potential investors
- Develop and monitor plans to translate opportunities into concrete projects
- Visit targeted companies overseas on outward missions, promote the region
- Collaborate with sector relevant bodies, undertake joint events and share sector information with stakeholders
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Postgraduate Degree or NQF Level 8 qualification in commerce, investments or enterprise-related discipline
- 5 management years of experience in commerce, investments, or enterprise-related environment
- Sound knowledge of the business environment, the relevant role players within the business and their key responsibilities and outcomes
- Understanding of the Foreign & Local Economic development industry
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation/governance applicable to the organisation/industry /country
- The ability to define, scope, plan and execute projects according project management methodology
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels in the organisation
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and certified copies of identity documentation.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged
individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three
months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2024 at close of business.
- Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to email@example.com